Etruscan Press offers unpaid internships throughout the traditional academic semester.
We have developed internship projects that may be performed by students interested in learning more about the publishing industry. Successful intern candidates have emerged from various academic programs, including business, creative writing, English, literature, marketing, and psychology.
We typically assign four to five specific projects that surround an upcoming Etruscan book release. These projects are assigned with a rigid timeline that may include the following:
- reading a manuscript accepted for publication and drafting a synopsis
- proof reading and line editing a manuscript accepted for publication
- developing a marketing plan for a manuscript in production (using the author’s questionnaire, best industry practices, and previous author marketing plans as resources)
- drafting a press announcement regarding the release of a forthcoming title
- interviewing an author and drafting a print ready promotional piece
- drafting an academic study guide for an Etruscan title to be shared with reading groups
Interns discuss their projects via regular communication with the production editor, managing editor, or assigned editorial site supervisor at Etruscan Press.
Interns who complete semester-long projects with Etruscan Press produce assets to include in their portfolio and develop real publishing experience.
Students interested in Etruscan Press should first explore our website to become familiar with the types of books we publish. We also suggest students review our current catalog, which may be downloaded from our homepage.
To apply for an internship with Etruscan, students should submit a letter of interest explaining what interests them in Etruscan Press. We also require a writing sample (which may be a recent academic writing) and two letters of recommendation from faculty who have taught the student, or employers that have supervised the applicant’s work.
Your academic advisor must also confirm you are eligible to perform the internship with Etruscan press.
Your letter of interest, writing sample, and letters of recommendation should be attached to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We review internship applications on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year.
Thank you for your interest in Etruscan Press.